You might have heard us mention Shopify a lot! If you are new to the CroudX-Blog, allow us to introduce ourselves. We have been working with Shopify for years and know the ins and outs of this game-changing platform!
You might be new to Shopify and interested in the possibilities, or you already have a Shopify store, and you are interested in upgrading to Shopify plus! But you might not know the features and benefits of Shopify Plus. And not to forget, what does it cost?
Switching to Shopify Plus is not just a split-second decision. You should do your research to see if it’s something for you! To make your decision easier and save you the burden of reading through numerous blogs, we will answer all of your questions in this blog!
When should you upgrade to Shopify Plus?
There is no correct answer to this question. If you’re looking to grow and scale, Shopify Plus is the package for you. It offers businesses the ability to increase revenue and automate processes. But when do you need all of these extra applications?
Let’s get the big talk out of the way, revenue streams. You probably think you will need a substantial yearly turn-over, but we advise that you should upgrade at around a monthly turn-over of USD 80,000.
Why, you ask? With Shopify Plus, you can automate many things, saving you a lot of time. Furthermore, you will also be able to optimise your customer experience. And a better customer experience will help create growth.
What are the direct benefits of Shopify Plus?
- Shopify Plus is the best package for going global and acting local!
- You will get access to all the Shopify Plus apps.
- With the unlimited scalability of Shopify Plus, you can process more than 10.000 transactions per minute!
- Shopify Plus allows you to create custom checkouts, setting customer experience to a whole new level and increasing conversions.
- You are able to create nine extra stores, which will help you a LOT with internationalisation.
- Are you growing quickly but are constrained by many manual tasks? Shopify Plus includes access to Shopify Flow and Launchpad. These technologies let you automate and schedule tasks within your online store, allowing you to complete more tasks in less time.
- You may use Shopify Scripts to define “smart rules” that apply customer-specific discounts, delivery options, and payment methods. This allows you to personalise the checkout process and increase sales.
- With the Shopify Plus API, you can integrate many platforms, like Akeneo, Netsuite or Microsoft Dynamics 365!
- You get 24/7 access to super-fast phone support, exclusive to Shopify Plus customers and your very own Merchant Success Manager.
- Shopify Plus allows you to manage sales channels such as Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Messenger, and WhatsApp from a single platform.
- Finally, the transaction charges for Shopify Plus (0.15 percent) are lower than for the other Shopify packages. Shopify Plus is less expensive, with a turnover of around $5 million. It should be noted that there are no transaction fees while using Shopify Payments.
Want to know more about the benefits of Shopify Plus? Check out THIS page!
So when is it the cheapest to purchase the Shopify Plus Package?
The costs of having Shopify Plus are 0.25% of your revenue, with a starting sum of $2000. So that means if you have less than $800.000 revenue a month, you will just be paying the $2000 a month (if you stick to using Shopify Payments moreover in the next paragraph)! Otherwise, you will be paying 0.25% of your revenue.
This is not all, though; besides the monthly fee, you will pay an additional cost of 0.15% of your revenue if you are not using Shopify Payments. If you are already using Shopify Advanced, this is much cheaper than the 0.5% you are currently paying!
So when should you upgrade? That depends on what kind of payment provider you use and how high your monthly turnover is. Not only that, but it also depends on if you need any of the features mentioned above on Shopify Plus.
Shopify Plus really is a package that we believe in, and if you can spare the resources, you should definitely consider it. Mainly because of the API benefits, since this allows you to collect data or, even better, put that data into an AI!
If you are not sure if you should switch to Shopify Plus or any of the other Shopify packages, feel free to contact us. We can look at the possibilities to accelerate your Shopify store.
You can also check out our blogs, Instagram and LinkedIn page, where we talk about Shopify and Shopify Plus a lot! Be sure to follow us to always be up to date with current events regarding online marketing and Shopify Plus!
If you are interested in receiving our blogs via mail, be sure to subscribe to it! We love to share our knowledge and broaden our and your horizon!
Till next time!
Check out our previous blog!